Your Cart is empty
buying in bulk from an expensive silk screening shop! When you need just a few prints of your design, choose a vinyl heat transfer.
What is a Vinyl Heat Transfer?
Vinyl heat transfers are more commonly known as iron-ons. They are graphics, photos, or words that are imparted onto fabric by use of transfer paper and the application of heat. You may be familiar with these from earlier decades’ fads of iron-on patches, but today’s vinyl heat transfers are different. Earlier iterations fell apart after a few times in the wash. Now, with the right products, you can get long-lasting vinyl heat transfers. Best of all, you can make them at home!
Who Uses Vinyl Heat Transfers?
The shorter answer would be who doesn’t use vinyl heat transfers. The list of applications is truly vast and only limited by your imagination.
- Teams doing events like 5K runs or community sports can quickly make team jerseys with t-shirts and vinyl heat transfers.
- Have a drama group but nobody with costume-making skills? Vinyl heat transfers can turn plain t-shirts and Goodwill jeans into styles from the 80s and 90s.
- Family reunion? Commemorate the occasion with custom t-shirts or hand out vinyl heat transfer patches that your family can put on their own choice of clothing or hats.
- Spoken word artist? Be your own brand ambassador by putting your work on a plain t-shirt or the back of a jacket.
- Can’t find the print of fabric you need? Design your own. Sketch your design and scan it into the computer. Print it on vinyl heat transfer paper and iron it onto plain fabric.
- Want a cute shirt to announce a pregnancy? You can include your own sonogram for a personalized, custom reveal thanks to vinyl heat transfer paper.
How to Use Vinyl Heat Transfers
It starts with buying a top quality paper that holds up to heat without sticking to the iron, and that provides a long-lasting transfer that stands up to the rigors of the washing machine. Make sure your vinyl heat transfer is compatible with your printer. Royal Element’s printable heat transfer vinyl is compatible with most standard home inkjet printers.
To use printable vinyl heat transfer paper:
- Create your design. This can be done freehand on paper and scanned into your computer, or digitally using creative software. You can even use templates from Word, Avery, and Canva. Just remember, when using templates or other people’s art, you must not contravene any copyright laws. Artists deserve recognition and payment for their work so if a design you like is for sale from an artist, purchase it. You can also include the name of the artist and their website in your design.
- Select your heat transfer vinyl. Royal Elements carries vinyl heat transfers paper for dark and light fabrics in its online store.
- Next, you need to print your design. Simply insert the vinyl heat transfer paper into your printer and hit print. You can print in color or black and white.
- Fire up your iron or heat press and as always, safety first. Do not leave your heating element unsupervised and make sure the cord is not dangling in a way that tempts toddlers or pets to pull on it. Heat to 350F.
- Once your iron/press is ready, make use of the protective sheets included in your Royal Elements vinyl heat transfer package to prevent scorching. Apply the heat and in as little as 15 seconds, you have created your own custom design.
Choose the Right Brand
Royal Elements has done the research for you when it comes to durable, stretchy, pigmented vinyl heat transfer paper. As vinyl sticker paper experts, you can trust that Royal Elements will always deliver the best quality products at the most affordable price. We also offer both single orders and subscription services to accommodate one-time projects and ongoing projects made by small businesses or activity planners.
Royal Elements is invested in your success, whether you use our vinyl paper for fun or for profit. Stay tuned to learn more about the many ways to use vinyl stickers and heat transfer paper.
- Follow Royal Elements on Facebook
- Bookmark our Amazon store
- Follow our frequently updated blog